In this screencast, I explain what to do after recording a student's performance.
Teachers can listen to the recording and then capture data to analyze. This would work for any teacher - not just a music teacher.
The steps in the screencast include:
1. Open student assessment rubric
2. Click on comment feed; Kaizena opens in new tab to listen to performance
3. From Google Doc assessment rubric, use Goobric to submit scores and comments
4. Use Google Form and Flubaroo to create and grade online test of music theory
5. Use scores from theory exam and performance hearing to create data set for entire class
6. Use Google Sheets to create various charts from collected data for analysis.
Here's the screencast:
Sorry the screencast is so long. It's probably three separate blog posts (at least). But, as Mark Twain might say today, "I didn't have time to write a short blog post, so I recorded a long screencast instead." (Apologies to Mark Twain)
I will do a separate blog post on using data in the music classroom in the near future.
Post a Comment